The first step toward a beautiful, healthy smile is to schedule an appointment. If you are a patient of record, please call our office to schedule an appointment or fill out our online contact form.
If you are a new patient, thank you for your interest in our clinic!
Please fill out the new patient forms (link in paragraph below) so we may get you established in our system. Once we receive your informational paperwork, we can schedule an appointment for you. All completed forms can be returned to us via email, locked drop box near our front door, or dropped off to our office during business hours.
New Patient Checklist:
1) Dental Insurance
Please contact your insurance company for your benefits and coverage before scheduling an appointment to find out if our doctors are in your insurance network. When you call them, please give them each of our doctor's names, rather than our clinic name, to be sure your services will be covered. If you have additional insurance questions, we may be able to help. Contact our office and ask for Billing.
Dr. Matthew J. Stockinger
Dr. Lucas C. Temme
2) New Patient Forms
Please visit our Patient Forms page to download the new patient paperwork that needs to be filled out prior to your visit. Printing and filling them out will allow us to attend to your medical needs more quickly on the day of your first visit to our office.
Ways to return your information to us:
1) Email your forms to: info[at]LonsdaleFamilyDental.com
2) Drop them off at our office during business hours
3) Drop them in our lock box after business hours (located near our front door)
Please fill out all 4 forms. The Release of Information form is meant for you to send to your previous dentist so they may forward your records to us. These records need to arrive before your first appointment. Please contact our office if you have any questions.
Once we receive all your paperwork and your records (if applicable), we will be happy to schedule a new patient appointment for you. Please allow 90 minutes for your initial visit with us.
3) What to bring with you to your appointment
- A list of medications you are currently taking, if applicable.
- If you have been told by your medical doctor that you need to take an antiobiotic before your dental visits, please notify us and take as prescribed by your physician.
- A picture I.D.
- Your dental insurance card (if you have an electronic version, you may email the FRONT AND BACK of the card to us at
Payment is expected at the time services are performed.
For your convenience, we accept cash, personal checks, money orders, and most major credit cards (Sorry, we do not accept American Express). We also accept "CareCredit" as an easy financing option. To learn more about Care Credit and to apply for a credit card before your visit, go to the CareCredit website. More information about Care Credit see below.
We have many ways for you to pay your bill!
1) Drop in the postal mail
2) Drop in our locked box located near the front door
3) Give us your payment info over the phone
4) Go to DentalBillPay.com to sign-up and pay your bill securely online
5) If you have a Care Credit card, you may pay us directly and securely using Care Credit's web site: Pay us with your Care Credit card
More about Care Credit:
CareCredit for dental procedure financing - think of CareCredit as your own health and wellness credit card. Whether it's oral surgery, getting a crown or a general check up, you shouldn't have to worry about how to get the procedures you want. That’s why we're pleased to accept the CareCredit credit card. CareCredit lets pay for dental services with convenient monthly payments that fit your financial situation.
It’s free and easy to apply and you’ll receive a decision immediately Learn more by visiting www.carecredit.com . Ready to apply? Apply online for your CareCredit healthcare credit card today. You'll be smiling brighter in no time! Apply Now
*Subject to credit approval. Minimum monthly payments required.
HIPAA Privacy Information
Please review our HIPAA Policy before you sign the HIPAA Acknowledgement in our office at the time of your initial visit. This is available for reference only, it does not need to be printed.